SATURDAY, March 18, 2023
This morning I felt a physical craving for the color green. Could that be a thing? Do we need to see greenery to keep our balance? I realized this is something we can easily fix.
Even in the coldest, snowiest days of winter greenery thrives in the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens Conservatory. If you've never been there, in addition to a wonderful collection of bonsai trees, they have separate indoor spaces, so you can go from sketching in a desert environment to a humid jungle environment. I love the place.
They are very accommodating but we need to be careful not to block pathways or impede traffic.
What: We’ll be sketching in Steinhardt Conservatory (the hot house complex) in the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Where: The Botanic Gardens is located at 100 Washington Avenue and also has an entrance on Eastern Parkway
When: Saturday at 10 AM. Running late? Don't worry - come anyway, we'll be there.
- Adults $18
- Senior Citizens and Students (62+): $12
- By Subway:
- the 2, 3 train to the Brooklyn Museum or the 4, 5 train to Franklin Avenue
- By Car
- There's convenient parking behind the Brooklyn Museum which is adjacent to the Gardens.
Lunch: 12:00 PM. The Coffee Bar, located in the Visitor Center adjacent to the Atrium, serves freshly made beverages, morning treats, and lunches, or you can always do a Bringyourowni
Afternoon: 1:00 PM - Back to sketching at the Steinhardt Conservatory
Show and Tell: 3:00 PM - This is the social part of our day where we will share drawings and good stories. Location to be determined during our lunch break.
- Bring a stool, it gives you more options, but be careful not to impede traffic
- Tripods are not permitted.
- If we get to sketch outdoors (and we might) the grounds people are fussy about stools in some spots but not in others
Can't find us?
Call or Text Mark - 973-809-9128
There are no fees or attendance taken. All drawing skill levels are welcome
Post a Comment