Let's try again. It should be warmer this coming Saturday - February 11, 2023.
You may have been reading and hearing a lot of stories about AI - Artificial Intelligence. There's certainly a lot to be said about this topic, however I tried to put it to good use today. I asked ChatGPT:
Question: In what ways would an Urban Sketcher enjoy sketching at the New York City Fire Museum?
Here's the answer I got:
The New York City Fire Museum offers a unique and historic setting for artists to sketch and create. As an Urban Sketcher, you may enjoy the following at the museum:
- Inspiring subject matter: The museum is dedicated to the history of firefighting in New York City, and has many fascinating exhibits featuring firefighting equipment, uniform, and other artifacts that can serve as inspiration for your sketches.
- Historical atmosphere: The museum is housed in a historic firehouse, built in 1904, which adds to the atmosphere and ambiance of the setting.
- Sketches from life: The museum has a collection of firefighting equipment and vehicles on display, which would provide interesting and challenging subjects to sketch from life.
- Inspiring environment: The museum is surrounded by the bustling city of New York, providing a wealth of sights and sounds to draw inspiration from.
Whether you're looking to capture the essence of the museum's collection, the beauty of its historic setting, or the energy of the surrounding city, the New York City Fire Museum offers a unique and inspiring environment for weekend artists to explore their creativity.
Written by the computer in less than two seconds. Incredible?!
Hope to see you there.
What: We’ll be sketching at the NYC Fire Museum on Saturday, February 11 2023
Where: The Museum is located at 278 Spring Street, between Hudson and Varrick, in NYC
When: Meet at 10 AM.
- By Subway:
- To reach the Museum by subway, take the “C” or “E” train (8th Avenue Local) to Spring Street. Walk west 1½ blocks.
- Alternatively, take the “1” train to Houston Street. Walk south along Varick Street for 4 blocks to Spring Street. Walk west ½ block
- By Car
- Take your chances with street parking
$10.00 for Adults
$8.00 for Students, Seniors, Firefighters, AAA members, Person with Disability
Lunch: 12:30 PM. There is no place to eat in the museum.
Afternoon: 1:30 PM Back to sketching
Show and Tell: 3:00 PM - This is the social part of our day where we will share drawings and good stories. Location to be determined.
- Bring a stool, it gives you more options.
Can't find us?
Call or Text Mark - 973-809-9128
There are no fees or attendance taken. All drawing skill levels are welcome
Post a Comment