Weekday Sketchers on the 2nd Ave Subway
Where can you see major works of art by contemporary artist like Chuck Close, Sarah Sze, Jean Shin and Vik Muniz for the price of a subway ride?
The 2nd Avenue Subway!
|Vik Muniz: 72nd Street Station|
The art work on the mezzanine level of the new 2nd Ave Subway stations is worth the trip from anywhere! And this week we will be making the trip and sketching the stations.
We will meet at the 96th Street Station on the Mezzanine Level of the Q Train. We will sketch for 40 minutes and get then ride to the next stop and so on and so on down to the 63rd Street Station. . Bring a stool and your lunch. Bathrooms should be available at all stations.
For information about the installation of the art works, click here: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/19/arts/design/second-avenue-subway-art.html
|Sarah Sze: 96th Street Station|
DATE: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:00 AM
LOCATION: 96TH STREET STATION Q LINE, MEZZANINE LEVEL
TRANSPORTATION: Q Train to 96th Street
|Chuck Close Self Portrait: 86th St. Station|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Bring a stool, lunch and water.
- You can work in wet medium
- We will spend about 40 minutes at each location then get back on the subway and go to the next stop.
- Be aware that cell phones might not work underground. If you are looking for us and can't reach Raylie, just figure out where we would be at the time you are looking for us and go to that stop
- Bathrooms should be available at each stop but no promises
|Jean Shin: 63rd St. Station|
|Vik Muniz: 72nd St Station|
|Jean Shin: 63rd St Station|
Post a Comment