Weekday Sketchers at the Met THURSDAY
Isn't it a shame that the Met has so many broken statues? All those missing arms and legs, broken noses and toes? What a crying shame!
Ah, but Urban Sketchers is here to fix it!
|Is he holding something?|
|What's behind her?|
Join us this week as we scour the Met and find the missing pieces.
Come and put back the arms and legs. (maybe borrow them from a Zebra or Moose?) Maybe put a wig on a bald head or a funny nose on some poor soul who has lost one. What about a hat or two? And isn't it about time that Degas' ballerina got a new dress? Come with us and imagine a range of possibilities that doesn't really exist!
And it doesn't have to be the Roman and Greek statues. What about the Mayan exhibit or all those fellow from the Medieval castles? Couldn't they use a new outfit or two?
Not interested in this idea? There is plenty more to do at the Met. Visit one of the new exhibits or revisit an old one. Then join us for lunch and show us you drawings!
DATE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART
5th Avenue and 82nd Street
We will meet in the lower lobby entrance near 81St Street
TRANSPORTATION: 4, 5, 6 to 86th Street
|What about a dress to go with the jewels?|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- We will meet in the lower lobby at 10:30. Then disperse through the museum
- We will meet for lunch in the rear of the lower level cafeteria at 1:00 PM to share drawings and enjoy a meal.
- Bring a stool
- Be prepared to work in dry materials only
Post a Comment