Come explore the John Jay Homestead State Historic Site and experience American History at the home of founding Father John Jay and 5 successive generations of the Jay family. There are 62 acres to explore and enjoy. These popular attractions are sure to inspire your artwork:
- The Carriage Barn - Education & Visitor's Center
- The Farm Lane - the only original entrance to the historic farm once owned by John Jay
- The Formal Gardens - located through the white gate, a fountain and sundial form the centers, beautifully maintained by the Bedford Garden Club and Friends of John Jay Homestead
- The "Ha-has" - a unique landscape feature consisting of rock walls built to keep grazing livestock from getting near the house, but remain invisible when looking down the lawn
- The Herb Garden - created in 1991 on the site of a historic cutting garden and greenhouse.
- The Ice Pond - created for producing ice in the winter to use year-round, now a picturesque spot.
DATE: THURSDAY, November 10, 2022
START TIME: 10:00 AM.
LOCATION: John Jay Homestead State Historic Site http://johnjayhomestead.org/
400 Jay Street, Katonah, NY 10536. Phone: (914) 232-5651. We'll meet by the parking lot entrance.
By TRAIN Transportation from Grand Central Terminal, NYC: Take the Metro-North Harlem Line to the Katonah Station. The 8:44 AM peak train from Grand Central arrives in Katonah at 9:52 AM. Please call Marianne to arrange for pick up and ride to the site.
LUNCH: 1:00 PM Bring your own.
SHOW and TELL: After lunch. This is the social part of our day where we share our drawings, tips, and stories. It is a time not to be missed.
- The grounds are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Restrooms are available.
- Parking is free.
- There are many picnic tables, but a stool will offer you more options.
Please RSVP to Cathy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Looking for us?
Call/text: Cathy at (914) 625-0766 or Marianne at (914) 355-6507.
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.
Post a Comment