Weekday Sketchers at Green-Wood Cemetery
ITS HALLOWEEN! (Almost)
Time to go to the Cemetery!
What has 478 acres of hills, valleys, the highest point in Brooklyn, incredible trees, 3 lakes, a chapel with Tiffany windows, incredible funerary architecture, a resident flock of green parrots, and very scary Halloween Decorations? Greenwood Cemetery is the answer! Join us for some (not so) spooky fun!
Built in the style of Victorian Cemteries, with parkland attributes for strolling and picnicking, this gem of New York is open to the public and ripe for urban sketching.
For information about Green-Wood, the celebrities buried there, the art and architecture, the arboretum and a map, click here: https://www.green-wood.com
DATE: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 26, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: GREEN-WOOD CEMETERY
5th Avenue and 25th Street BROOKLYN
TRANSPORTATION: R train to 25th Street.
Exit the subway and walk one block up the hill to the cemetery
|Minerva Saluting Lady Liberty|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is water and bathrooms available
- Bring a stool
- We will meet for lunch at 1:00 PM in front of the Chapel
- There is no food service at the cemetery. Bring lunch with you. If you want to purchase something there is a deli near the subway station and Baked in Brooklyn a very good bakery, coffee/sandwich shop across from the entrance to the cemetery
Post a Comment