We’re heading for the old part of town to sketch the twisty Dutch streets. There is an amazing amount of street sketch-able stuff within a two block radius in any direction. So far, it looks like Saturday will be a perfect sketching day.
A partial list of potential sites:
- Delmonico's - 56 Beaver St, An old time NYC Restaurant and the inventor of several notable dishes, including Eggs Benedict and Baked Alaska.
- Fraunce’s Tavern - 54 Pearl St, - The tavern has more history than almost any other building in NYC since it’s been standing longer than most of them. It was a gathering place for patriots, politicians and others during the time of our nation’s birth.
- India House - 1 Hanover Square, the original home of the New York Cotton Exchange, it is now a private club and restaurant.
- Dutch Buildings on Williams Street, the last relics of the old Dutch style of architecture of New Amsterdam
- Cobblestone Streets - scenic streets - Stone Street
- The Elevated Acre - 55 Water Street It’s a secret garden in the middle of the Financial District. Tucked between two office buildings at 55 Water Street is a hard-to-find escalator which whisks you up to The Elevated Acre.
What: We will be sketching in lower Manhattan in one of New York’s oldest neighborhoods
Where: We will meet at the park in Hanover Square at the corner of William St and Pearl Street
When: Meet at 10 AM. Sleeping late? Come anyway - we’ll be there
- By Subway:
• Whitehall St - N, R, W
• South Ferry - 1
• Rector St. N, R W
• Wall St - 4, 5
• Broad St - J
• Wall St / William St - 2, 3
(see map below).
Lunch: 12:30 Noon . Bring your own or rely on local vendors. We will probably be having a social lunch together at the Elevated Acre. That will be confirmed in the morning.
Afternoon: 1:30 PM Back to the sketching
Show and Tell: 3:00 PM - We’ll find a likely spot (possibly the Elevated Acre) to share our work, tell stories and talk about what artists talk about.
- Bring a hat and be prepared for sunshine
- Bring a stool if you have one, it gives you more options.
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark at 973-809-9128
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.
Post a Comment