Weekday Sketchers at City Hall Park
Join us this week at City Hall Park and help us accomplish three things at once!
|City Hall |
First Thing: Spend the morning with other sketchers capturing the beautiful facade of City Hall, the incredible fountain with gas lights and the mix of people enjoying a break from work or sightseeing. Not happy with those? Here are some suggestions for sketching right nearby: Brooklyn Bridge, St Paul's Church, The Manhattan Municipal Building, Manhattan Surrogates Court
Second Thing: This is one of the sites we will be sketching in preparation for our winter Art Exhibit "Below 14th Street"
|City Hall Park Fountain|
Third Thing: Help us fulfill our commitment to the NY Public Library, for hosting both of the Art Exhibits we will be mounting this year, by assisting new urban sketchers to become familiar with the urban sketching experience.
Mark Leibowitz will be conducting a short Intro to Urban Sketching at the New Amsterdam Library on Murray Street across from City Hall Park. The workshop, which starts at 1 PM, is hosted by the NYPL and supported by the NYC USK chapter. By 2:00 PM Mark will finish the workshop and bring the participants to the park to try their hand at sketching. Any members who would like to stay for the afternoon can assist the workshop participants by sketching nearby, showing them your work and giving them encouragement to keep drawing. This is the first of two such events. The second will be the last Wednesday in June. Anyone who would like to take the free workshop is welcome to do so. You can register on the NYPL Web Site.
DATE: WEDNESDAY MAY 25, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: CITY HALL PARK
Broadway and Park Row near Barclay Street
We will meet by the fountain in the middle of the park in front of City Hall
TRANSPORTATON: R, W, 4, 5, 6, J, Z. to City Hall
|St Paul's Church|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@Gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call/text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Our morning session will be as usual: come when you can and work at your own pace. We will break for lunch around 12:30 and hold our show and tell. Then when Mark brings the workshop participants and we will continue to sketch as outlined above
- No need to bring a stool as there are lots of benches
- Bring lunch or purchase something locally
- Bathrooms will be available at the library
- Additional sketch sites right nearby: Brooklyn Bridge, St Paul's Church, The Manhattan Municipal Building, Manhattan Surrogates Court