FORECAST IS FOR RAIN, RAIN , RAIN
WE WILL RESCHEDULE THE EVENT
Weekday Sketchers at Belvedere Castle Wednesday
|Belvedere Castle seen from the Turtle Pond|
New York has it al: tall buildings, bright lights and its own storybook castle right in the middle of Central Park. It is actually called a Folly, meaning a fanciful object built into the landscape without any purpose other than enhancing the view. And that it is and does!
Built of Manhattan schist it has everything any prince or princess could want: terraces and turrets, gothic windows and transoms adorned with dragons. And, it is the official weather station in NYC. So, when you see the temperature or forecast for NYC, it is taken right there at Belvedere Castle.
DATE: WEDNESDAY MAY 4, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: BELVEDERE CASTLE
TRANPORTATION: B OR C TO 81 STREET STATION.
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- We will meet on the lawn adjacent to the Turtle Pond just beyond the Delacorte Theater. From there you can sketch anywhere you wish and come back there for lunch.
- Bring a stool, a cap and lunch
- Watch the weather forecast. If it rains lightly we can sketch from the terrance under the canopy or if it rains heavily we will go to the American Museum of Natural History
|Meet on the Lawn by the Turtle Pond|