Weekday Sketchers Bonus Meetup
at TWA Hotel
THURSDAY April 21, 2022
Do you remember it?
That incredible futurist TWA Terminal, looking like a giant bird taking off into flight? Do you member walking down the long corridors with the red carpet as you made your way to the gates to fly away someplace very special?
If you do, or even if. you don't, join us as we go back in time and forward into the future. That beautiful building designed by Aero Saarinen in the 1960's has been reinvented and turned into a hotel... the TWA Hotel. Come back to the soaring waiting room with the view of the runways, the red and white interior and the futuristic molded furniture. Visit "Connie" the historic Lockheed Constellation that broke the transcontinental speed record and served as Air Force One, now a bar and lounge. Browse the exhibits of uniforms and other memorabilia from a time when flight was an exciting adventure.
DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: TWA HOTEL
TRANSPORTATION: A Train to Howard Beach Station or the or the E, J, Z or LIRR to Jamaica/Sutphin Blvd, then transfer to the AirTrain. (see notes below)
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com.
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0045
- There is no charge to enter the hotel and stay in the public spaces. Fees are charged for day use of the pool, gym etc. Check the web site for information. https://www.twahotel.com
- There are a number of food options available. Reservations might be needed at some facilities. Check the web site for information on making reservations. https://www.twahotel.com. or bring your own lunch
- We will meet in the "Sunken Lounge". Then move around the building and meet up for lunch.
- Getting to the hotel: Check the web site if you are coming by car. If you are taking public transit see the information below. There is a separate fee for the AirTrain of $8.00 in each direction.
To reach the TWA Hotel, exit the AirTrain at the Terminal 5 (JetBlue) stop and follow the signs to the elevator on the same level as the train platform. Take the elevator down to Level 1. Walk left off the elevator, go through the doors, turn left and cross the street toward the Yellow Parking Garage. Turn left on the sidewalk and follow the covered walkway to the TWA Hotel front door.
Post a Comment