Weekday Sketchers at Noguchi Museum Wednesday
There are so many reason to visit the Noguchi Museum: The wonderful sculptures, the industrial vibe, the peaceful garden, or the ferry ride to get there. But at this time of year there is even one more reason: the beautiful weeping cherry tree in the center of the garden. Join its this week for an immersive experience into all things Noguchi.
DATE: WEDNESDAY APRIL 20, 2022
STARTING TIME: 11:30 AM
The museum opens at 11 AM. The Astoria Ferry will dock about 11:15. Plan your time accordingly.
LOCATION: THE NOGUCHI MUSEUM
9-01 33rd Road (at Vernon Boulevard)
Long Island City, New York 11106
TRANSPORTATION: The easiest way to get to the museum is to use the East River Ferry. Take the Astoria line to Astoria. When you exit the ferry follow the street around Socrates Park to the Museum. Check the schedule for details: https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/astoria/.
Or, by subway take the F train to Queensbridge/21 St, the 7 to Vernon-Jackson, the N & W to Broadway then walk to the museum. Check the website for detailed directions: https://www.noguchi.org/museum/visit/
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is an admission charge for the museum. $12 for adults, $6 for Seniors. The museum accepts the American Alliance of Museum membership for 2 free admissions as well as other memberships. Check the website for more information: https://www.noguchi.org/museum/visit/. (Suggestion: if you have the AAM card, get the two admission tickets and share with another Urban Sketchers).
- Advanced reservations are recommended
- Bring a stool
- Be prepared to work in dry materials, especially indoors
- COVID restrictions are in place. You will have to show proof of vaccination
- Food service is suspended for the time being. Water bottles are allowed
Post a Comment