Weekday Sketchers at Park Ave "Zoo"
Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!
Well, not quite. But there is a lion, a bear, a gorilla, a dinosaur and even a mastodon right on Park Avenue!
Join us this week as we explore this temporary installation along Park Avenue in the 30's. Sponsored by the Patrons of Park Avenue (POPA), these sculptures are the creation of Idriss B in his iconic polygonal shaped animals. Painted in bright colors with the meridian's foliage as a backdrop these animals should make great studies for our sketchbooks. For more information about this installation, click here: https://patronsofparkavenue.org/art/
DATE: WEDNESDAY APRIL 27, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: PARK AVE BETWEEN 34TH AND 38TH STREET
We wil meet on the corner of 36th Street and Park Ave
TRANSPORTATION: 6 Train to 33rd and Lexington Ave
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com.
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Bring a stool, water and lunch (or purchase something locally)
- Please note that this is real Urban Sketching right on the street. Be prepared to deal with pedestrians and traffic. You will also have to find bathrooms along the way in a coffee shop or other business.
- If you haven't seen the Holbein show at the Morgan Library, this is a great opportunity to stop in on your way home.