One Week 100 People
One Week 100 People is This Week! Let's get sketching!
Marc Toro Holmes and Liz Steel have organized a world wide challenge to sketch 100 people in one week. Maybe we will meet the goal, maybe not but trying is all the fun.... and in NYC you can't complain about lack of subject matter!
Subways, streets, parks, restaurants, out the window, in your building....they're all over the place. And one nice place to sit and sketch them is indoors at the Essex Market. Recently opened in a new building on Delancey Street, this indoor market and food hall replaces the WPA era buildings along Essex Street. Up graded, posh, and chocked full of food from around the world, people will be shopping, eating, hanging out and passing time. Let's get them into our sketches.
For information about the One Week 100 People Challenge, click here:
For more about the market click here:
DATE: WEDNESDAY MARCH 9, 2022
START TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: ESSEX MARKET
Southeast corner of Delancey and Essex Streets on the Lower East Side
TRANSPORTATION: F, M, J, Z to Delancey Street/Essex Street
- We will meet at the top of the staircase pictured below.
- While we are focused on people this week, it is still people within an urban setting.
- It will be crowded so be prepared to work in a small space
- You can use watercolor but it will be crowded
- You can bring your lunch...but....this is a fabulous food hall! What to eat?: click here: https://ny.eater.com/2019/12/18/21024082/essex-market-market-line-best-food-nyc
- There are seats in many places so no need to bring a stool
Post a Comment