The Hudson River Museum is a preeminent cultural institution in Westchester County and the New York metropolitan area. Situated on the banks of the Hudson River in Yonkers, New York, the HRM’s mission is to engage, inspire, and connect diverse communities through the power of the arts, sciences, and history.
Current exhibitions include:
The World of Frida celebrates the culture, style, and persona of visionary Mexican painter Frida Kahlo (1907–1954), who continues to inspire with her story of love, loss, and incredible bravery.
Featuring works of art by more than seventy-five national and international artists practicing in a variety of media, the exhibition includes Frida Kahlo as subject as well as pieces inspired by her life and art, her beautiful garden, Mexican culture and fashion, vibrant colors, surrealism, and more.
Optional: Gilded Age Glenview: Historic House Tour at 1 PMTravel back in time to the Gilded Age! Enjoy a 45-minute guided tour of historic Glenview’s six fully restored period rooms decorated for the holidays. Advance tickets are strongly encouraged.
DATE: THURSDAY, March 3, 2022
LOCATION: Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave. Yonkers, NY (914) 963-4550
From NYC: Take the Metro-North Railroad’s Hudson Line local train to Glenwood Station. Walk 1 block east on Glenwood Avenue, and then turn left onto Ravine Avenue. At the end of Ravine Avenue, enter Trevor Park. Follow path to the main entrance of the Museum.
START TIME: 12:00 PM (Opening time)
LUNCH: Since the Museum opens at Noon, we won’t have a scheduled time for lunch. Please bring your own lunch/snack, or purchase something from the Museum Shop.
SHOW and TELL: 2:30 PM A classroom has been reserved for us from 2:30-5 PM. This is the social portion of our day when we will share our drawings, techniques, and stories. It is a time not to be missed.
- VACCINATION Required for Entry. All visitors 12+ must show proof of full vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of visit; those 18+ must also show proof of identity.
- FACE MASKS are required indoors.
- Admission: $8 for Adults, $5 for Seniors. Free for members. Tickets are available for purchase online or at (914) 963-4550 during business hours. Tickets are nonrefundable. Reservations are accepted by credit card only.
- Tickets for Glenview tours and planetarium shows are an additional purchase and are not included in general admission. Adults +$5 each; Seniors +$4 each.
- Stools will be available for our use.
- DRY MATERIALS ONLY (in the Galleries). Wet materials may be used in the classroom.
Please RSVP to Cathy (email@example.com).
Looking for us? Call/text: Cathy at (914) 625-0766 or Marianne at (914) 355-6507
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.
Post a Comment