Weekday Sketchers at Lighthouse Museum
Only a few blocks from the Ferry Terminal in St. George on Staten Island, The National Lighthouse Museums is treasure trove of all things lighthouses. Situated in a section of the waterfront, among antique buildings that is a destination in and of itself. we could have a great time sketching away the day..., BUT... there is yet another reason to go there! Adjacent to the lighthouse is a pier that juts out into Upper New York Bay, affording us great views of the river, the Verrazzano Brooklyn, Staten Island and Manhattan.
DATE: WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
STARTING TIME 10:15 AM (see notes below)
LOCATION: NATIONAL LIGHTHOUSE MUSEUM, STATEN ISLAND
TRANSPORTATION: The R or W subway to Whitehall Street and then the Staten Island Ferry
- We will meet inside the Staten Island Ferry Terminal at 10:15 AM in order to catch the 10:30 ferry. The museum is a 5 minute walk from the terminal.
- If you arrive later, just take any ferry to Staten Island and walk to the museum which is to the left of the terminal as you exit. The ferry runs every half hour.
- There is a fee to enter the National Lighthouse Museum. Seniors $5. Juniors $7. The American Alliance of Museums pass is accepted for free entrance.
- There is no charge to walk on the grounds or go on the pier.
- Bring your lunch, a stool and sunblock. There are food vendors in the ferry terminal so you can pick up something on your way.
- Bathrooms are available in the museum
Post a Comment