- Find a comfortable spot
- Plunk yourself down on said comfortable spot
- Pick any direction at all - and start sketching
- After about an hour (or when you finish your sketch) make a quarter turn clockwise and draw the next view. (see illustration for proper pivot procedure)
- (Note: For you rebels out there - counter clockwise is OK too)
- Eat lunch together at noon in the park
- Finish eating and sketch more, (following the morning techniques)
Where: Bryant Park (located on Ave of the Americas between 42-40 Streets). We’ll meet by the Fountain at the 41st St entrance.
When: On SUNDAY we start at 10 AM and plan to sketch until 3 PM. Sleeping late? Come anyway, we'll be there
Lunch: Noon - Lunch at noon to be eaten in the park. Stores nearby or Bringyourowni
How to get there: Subway - B, D, F, M, or walk from Times Square or Grand Central
What to bring: Art supplies, a blanket if you like the idea of a picnic, a stool if you like your own (the park has many available chairs we can use), a hat (in full sun sketching can be like sunbathing - be careful), something to drink and a friend who likes to draw (or likes to watch as you draw).
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark - 973-809-9128
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome