Come join us as we sketch the summer Olympics
The time has come for Athletes to gather together in Tokyo, Japan for the summer Olympics. Every four years, athletes from around the world gather to compete in the Ancient Greek games called the Olympics. In fact, the Olympics were first held in the summer of 776 B.C. in Olympia, Greece. A site in southern Greece where people worshiped their gods. In fact, the Olympics were created in honor of ancient Greece’s most famous god: Zeus, king of the gods. Competitors then fought until one gave up or died. Today competitors compete for the honor of being the best in the world receiving gold, silver and bronze medals in events such as basketball, cycling, tennis, volleyball, archery, rowing, shooting, weightlifting, fencing, judo and triathlons just to name a few.
Winners didn’t always get a medal, though. Victors in the earliest Olympics won a crown of olive leaves.
YOUR SPECIAL WEBSITE
We've created a special website for you to use for this sketching event. It has all the reference materials, instructions and the links you'll need for a great drawing session:
TOKYO SUMMER OLYMPICS
- You need to register to participate.
- Click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/164381935795
- The virtual sketching event will be this Saturday and starts at 10 AM EDT
- Registration closes on Friday at noon EDT.
- On Friday PM, if you registered, you will receive the login info you’ll need to participate.
Post a Comment