The cool, the wacky, the fun!
Road trip. Just the word alone would have my sisters and me grimacing, with eyes rolling and trepidation throughout our tiny bodies. Mom and Dad had planned a wonderful family vacation to Miami, Florida, but they knew that no matter how many red cars we counted or crossword puzzles we did, we would be restless and ornery, stuffed in the backseat of the 1968 Cadillac. To our amazement, the route they purposely took was dotted with amusing attractions that caught our attention and had us excited and yearning for more!
For today’s sketch, we're taking you on a wonderful and fun road trip, and we promise you will not be bored! There are amazing attractions for you to enjoy as you sketch your way through America.
AM: Roadside attractions
PM: Eateries, restaurants in the shape of Food (after lunch we may need a snack along the way)!
Marilyn our host for this trip has found loads of
wonderful sites to inspire your creativity:
- Instagram’s Roadside American:
- Architecture in the Shape of Food!
- iStock’s Roadside America:
- Weird Roadside Attractions:
- Iconic Route 66 Roadside Attractions:
- Roadside America Restaurants:
- You need to register to participate.
- Click here to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saturday-sketch-roadside-america-tickets-137599484763
- The virtual sketching event will be this Saturday and starts at 10 AM ET
- Registration closes on Friday at noon.
- On Friday afternoon if you registered you will receive the login info you’ll need to participate.
Post a Comment