No city has been influenced as much by a single artist as Barcelona. Antoni Gaudí’s presence is felt everywhere, even the buildings that were not designed by him still show his influence. His design vision is so different and so unique that it challenges your ideas about architecture. And to understand Gaudí, we need to draw his buildings.
Perhaps his most incredible masterpiece is the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia - although based on the traditions of Gothic and Byzantine cathedrals this church is like nothing you’ve ever seen. Gaudi combined traditional christian iconography with an incredible unique personal vision. Construction began 137 years ago in 1882 and continues to this day. It is considered by most people to be the architectural / religious masterpiece of Barcelona - a city known for its architecture.
- AM: We will explore the Sagrada Familia.
- PM: We will sketch Gaudí’s other masterpieces
There are many many sources for images of Gaudí’s Barcelona. You are welcome to get creative and find your own source material or use these links:
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You need to register to participate.
- The virtual sketching event will be this Saturday and starts at 10 AM
- Registration closes on Friday at noon.
- On Friday afternoon if you registered you will receive the login info you’ll need to participate.
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome
Post a Comment