Hosted by Frieda Christofides
Is it an architectural Masterpiece, or a Disaster! Let's decide this Saturday when we visit New York City's newest public library, located on one of the most scenic spots in our town.
The New York Times architecture critic said, "Why Can’t New York City Build More Gems Like This Queens Library? The Hunters Point Community Library is one of the finest public buildings New York has produced this century. But it cost more than $40 million, took a decade and almost died."
You'll form your own opinion as we sketch the stunning Manhattan views.
WHEN: This Saturday, January 25, 2020 starting at 11:00 AM. (note time!!!)
WHERE: Hunters Point Queens Public Library - 47-40 Center Blvd. Long Island City, NY 11109 (718) 990-4150. Let’s meet inside the front entrance at 11. (see map below).
HOW: 7 train to Vernon Blvd–Jackson Avenue. Or the G to 21 Street.
- LIRR Montauk, Oyster Bay, and Port Jefferson lines.
- NYC Ferry: Astoria Route to Long Island City; East River Route to Hunters Point South.
- Bus:Q103, B32, B62
- Driving? Parking can be tough in LIC, Here’s a lot that really close. Icon parking 45-45 Center Blvd.
LUNCH: 1:00pm – Will decide upon arrival and spread the word. There are several supermarkets and restaurants ½ block away, or bring your own. The 7 subway stop has tons of eateries nearby, maybe pick something on your way in.
AFTERNOON: 1:30 PM - Back to sketching at the library.
SHOW and TELL: 3 PM. We will scout out a space in the Library for the social part of our day.
- Bring a stool if you have one. It increases your options .
- Please note this is the first time we have gone here. So new territory for us all.
|Click to Enlarge|
If you can’t find us
call or text Frieda at 917 747-6060
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.
Post a Comment