I think we've crossed the line. Summer is definitely over and it feels like we only have the colder portion of autumn remaining. That means less outdoors and more indoors for the coming months.
|John Singer Sargent: Portraits in Charcoal|
People are talking about the Sargent show at the Morgan. The charcoals are apparently stunning and something that must be seen. We'll be spending the day at the museum - lots to see in a truly incredible space.
|Guercino: Virtuoso Draftsman|
WHEN: This Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 10 AM
|The Museum Cafeteria|
- $22 Adults
- $14 Seniors (65 and over)
- $13 Students (with current ID)
By subway: No. 6 to 33d Street; No. 4, 5, 6 or 7 to Grand Central
B, D, F, Q to 42d Street
By bus: M2, M3, M4, Q32 to 36th Street
- PATH to 33d Street
- Public parking available nearby
- Citi Bike at 37th Street and 5th Avenue
LUNCH: 12:00 Noon - Bring your own or purchase food from the cafeteria. There are other food options in the neighborhood.
AFTERNOON: 1 PM - Back to sketching
SHOW and TELL: 3 PM. We'll meet in the museum cafeteria to share our day's drawings and tell stories.
- The Museum's Published Policy: While pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are allowed, no pens, ink, paints, markers, easels, or stools are permitted.
- Sitting on the floor while sketching or taking notes is not permitted.
(In the past I've found these rules are generally not enforced. I suspect the big no-no would be setting up an easel. I plan to bring my stool. I've used it in the past while sketching. However, if a guard says "no", I plan on quickly complying with whatever rules they want to enforce.)
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark at 973-809-9128
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.
Post a Comment