Weekday Sketchers at the Plaza in front of The Plaza Hotel
Some facts you might not know about the plaza in front of the Plaza Hotel
- It is called Grand Army Plaza
- The fountain is called the Pulitzer Fountain after Joseph Pulitzer who left $50K in his will to have it built.
- There is an equestrian statue dedicated to General William Tecumseh Sherman
- And.....there is now a giant tilted head sitting in the middle of it!
- Plus there are sculptures of other "horse parts" nearby
Join us this week to capture all of this including beautiful scenes of the Plaza with the greenery of the trees in from of it. There is also an installation of modern horse sculptures by Jean-Marie Appriou based on the Sherman statue that should be interesting subjects for us.
After lunch we can wander into Central Park or try to sketch the Apple Store Cube.
|The Tilted Head|
|Sculptures by Appriou|
Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at email@example.com. Bring a stool, lunch and a hat. Looking for us? Call Raylie Dunkel 201-978-6387
DATE:TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: GRAND ARMY PLAZA MANHATTAN
5TH AVE AND 58TH/59TH STREETS
TRANSPORTATION:N, R, W to 5th AVE/59th St Station.
Post a Comment