FOR EVERYONE WHO HASN'T SIGNED UP
The Sixth Annual Portrait Party - 2019
New York City Urban Sketcher's VI Annual Portrait Party will be held on
the afternoon of Saturday, February 2nd
in the Cafeteria of the High School of Art and Design
There is no event like it.
It's not really Urban Sketching
although it’s a lot of fun
and depends on your drawing skills.
It's a challenge that will tax your creativity, and push your limits.
The Portrait Party is the sketching equivalent of running a marathon, - it's exhilarating - it's exhausting. It is hours of non-stop sketching. Each portrait takes 10 minutes and there is practically no break in the action.
However - this event is very structured and has specific instructions
so please read if you're thinking of attending:
1. Your COMMITMENT: Registered Participants commit to staying for the entire time - you can’t leave early. Your work is needed to create the GRID.
a). Plan to arrive at 12:00 Noon at the High School of Art and Design 245 E 56th St. We will be in the cafeteria. We will be organizing and doing warm ups.
b). The actual event will start at 1 PM promptly. You can’t participate if you arrive late. NYC subways have been less than dependable. Plan accordingly.
2. DETAILS: Each Registered Participant will be supplied with Portrait Party paper. High quality 9 x 12 140 pound watercolor paper - one sheet for each portrait. The paper is yours to keep. You cannot use your own paper. We will ask for a voluntary contribution of $10 to help defray the costs.
a). Each participant needs to bring their own pens, markers watercolor etc.
3. The GRID: When we're done we will be displaying the finished work in a grid (see picture above) so your work needs to be visible at a distance. That means you need to work BOLD. You cannot work in pencil. Bring markers, dark pens, watercolor - BOLD! Your work must be readable at twenty feet. Using only pencil is not acceptable.
a). TIMING: Each portrait must be completed in ten minutes - use a medium that allows you to cover the paper quickly
b). We'll be sketching round-robin style, so you'll get a chance to sketch everyone in your group and everyone will get a chance to sketch you. This is the reason you can not come late or leave early.
c). We will not be
4. CONFIRMATION: You will get a confirmation email once you are successfully registered.
HOW TO REGISTER:
There are a limited number of registered participants we can accommodate. Send me an email if you want to participate . (email@example.com) Your email must include the following information:
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS:
1 - Are these rules acceptable (If, yes, ... continue)
2. What is your full name?
3. What is your email address
4. What's a good phone number where you can reached?
Post a Comment