Sketching Opportunity for Lovers of Folk and Blues Music
Last year a number of Urban Sketchers had the opportunity to be present at the Hudson West Folk Festival in Jersey City. The organizers of the event were so happy with the sketches we produced that they are inviting us back this year.
There are ten free passes available on a first come first served basis. Please read the information below and respond directly to Raylie Dunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
What you need to know.
Date: Saturday September 8, 2018
Time: Noon to 9:00 PM
Note: you can come at any time but please be prepared to sketch for a number of hours. It would be good to coordinate our times at the festival so that we can cover some of the earlier acts as well as the later ones.
- First and foremost, a love of folk and blues music.
- There is no monetary compensation other than the free pass, worth $25.
- Come prepared to sketch the acts and the crowd and then post them to the organizations' web site.
- You can use any medium you please.
- You will provide your own food and drink either by bringing it with you or preferably purchasing it from the food vendors at the festival.
- Street parking is available or use public transit from NYC via the PATH System. The venue is walking distance from the Grove Street Station. (It is NOT the same place as last year!
Jersey City's Folk Festival
Located in the historic downtown area, three blocks to the Grove Street Path station and just a stone's throw from Manhattan, Jersey City again becomes a major player in the folk world when it hosts the Hudson West Folk Festival on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at Grace Church, (39 Erie St., Jersey City
An All Day Event with 10 Musical Acts
|Listen to performances from both nationally-known artists and highly regarded regional acts through out the day (click artists for videos).|
|Take a break and have a drink, grab a bite at one of the varied food vendors and browse the retail vendor stalls.|
|Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door.|
The lineup includes Harpeth Rising, Sunny War, Blue Yonder, Blackie Farrell, Stephane Wrembel, Evie Ladin & Keith Terry, Kirsten Maxwell, Vicki Kristina Barcelona, Scott Wolfson, and Freedy Johnston. See all their videos
Workshops, Artists & Vendors
Free interactive musical workshops, all by musicians performing at the festival, are an extraordinary opportunity to learn. Check them out at Music Workshops
A fun, festival experience with a full bar, an entire hall dedicated to an array of food and retail vendors, and roving sketch artists
capturing the moment.
Located at Grace Church, 39 Erie Street, Jersey City
, just three blocks from the Grove Street PATH
station, this venue is long know for its support of music, art and community.
Post a Comment