It’s a Block Party
hosted by the Rubin Museum,
one of NYC most interesting are collections.
The Event is free and includes admission to the Rubin, whose current show is The Power of Masks. Because there is a wonderful indoor option this is a rain or shine event
There will be lots to sketch:
- Art activities including making masks, prayer beads, bird rattles, origami, and more
- An Ajna Dance Performance
- A Brooklyn Raga Massive
- Costume contest (visitors should dress to impress!)
- Outdoor family yoga instruction
- Café Serai - Himalayan flavors and dishes
- Van Leeuwen - Ice cream
What: The Rubin Block Party
Where: 150 West 17th Street Between 6th and 7th Avenues
When: From 11 AM - to 3:30 PM
- A, C, E to 14th Street (at 8th Avenue)
- 1 to 18th Street (at 7th Avenue)
- 2, 3 to 14th Street (at 7th Avenue)
- F, L, M to 14th Street (at 6th Avenue)
- N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th Street-Union Square
Parking is wide open on Sundays, the easiest day of the week to find a spot. There is a 24-hour parking lot on the corner of 17th Street and 6th Avenue. There are also a number of parking garages and lots on 17th Street between Union Square and 7th Avenue.
Lunch: 12:30. Meet in front of the Museum entrance. Bring your own, or purchase from Vendors and stores. There is also Café Serai in the museum - the perfect place to enjoy the aromas and flavors of the Himalayas.
Afternoon: 1:30 Back to sketching the Street Fair and the Museum.
Show and Tell: 3:30 Meet at the entrance to the museum and we’re off to The Cafeteria 119 7th Ave, b/t 18th St & 17th St, to share drawings, good stories and a beer or wine if you're so inclined.
(Backup to the Cafeteria: Petite Abeille,
44 W 17th St, b/t Avenue Of The Americas & 5th Ave )
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark at 973-809-9128
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.
Post a Comment