The weather is supposed to be warmer but wet this coming Saturday,
so we'll be meeting indoors
New York Public Library
5th Ave at 42nd St
NYC's flagship library, in a Beaux Arts building next to Bryant Park, flanked by iconic stone lions
Attractions: The Beaux Arts building is fantastic with wonderful details to sketch. There are numerous rooms including reading rooms where people sit very still taking poses of serious concentration and deep thought, perfect for sketching.
Where: 5th Ave at 42nd St. Subway D,B,F and M to Sixth Ave and 42nd St. Easy walk to Fifth Ave.
1) We meet at 10 AM when the library opens - in the front entrance lobby.
2) We will meet again in the entrance lobby at 11:15 AM to discuss sketching the family Read Aloud (11:30 - Noon)
3) Lunch or break 12:30 - 1:30.
4) 1:30 - 3:00 PM Sketch in the various rooms and spaces. (see note below)
5) Meet in the entrance lobby to share drawings, and for a group throw-down.
Note: There's an interesting Art exhibit across the street at the midtown library at 40th Street and Fifth: Heather Dewey-Hagborg art installation "Stranger Visions" on the third floor. She created portrait sculptures from analyses of genetic material strangers unwittingly left behind in public places. (?!?)
If you can't find us
Call or Text Mark - 973-809-9128
Post a Comment