It's Bikeapalloza !!!
Exploring the Gardens of the East Village by Bike
If bike riding isn't your thing, no problem.
The area we're going to cover can easily be walked
|NYC New Bike Share Program|
We'll use the new Bike Share which should be fun.
1) We'll start at 10 AM getting our bikes at Lafayette St & E 8 St (if all bikes are taken, which is unlikely there are other pick-up sites at Cooper Square & E 7 St) An all day pass will cost $9.95 plus tax and the bikes are usable for 30 minutes at a time. You will need a credit card.
2) First Stop the 11th Street Community Garden between 1st Ave and Ave A for a quick sketch and then on to return the bikes at 13th and Avenue A.
|The Gardens of the East Village|
3) We walk to the second stop the Dias y Flores Garden on 13th Between A & B. When done we pick up bikes again at 14th St. and Ave B.
4) We ride E 2 St & Avenue C and park our bikes walking to All People's Garden at on 3rd St between Ave C-D, then around the corner to Parque de Tranquilidad, El Jardin Del Paraiso and the Secret Garden.
5) We pick up bikes again at E 5 St & Avenue C and travel crosstown for some interesting lunch. We ride to E 4 St & 2 Ave which is near the NY Theater Workshop, park our bikes and walk two blocks to Indian Restaurant row on Sixth St between 1st and 2nd Ave. Malai Marke 318 E 6th St ((212) 777-7729) is highly recommended by Chowhound. (Other food ideas will be happily entertained.)
6) If, after lunch we have any "sketch" left in us, we'll pick up bikes again at - E 7 St & Avenue A and we''l ride through Tompkins Park, up Ave B to 12th street to check out the Children's Garden.
7) We finish by returning the bikes to the Union Square area where three bike racks are available: University Pl & E 14 St or Broadway & E 14 St or E 17 St & Broadway.
* As you can see this is finely choreographed event, but it will be easy to catch-up with us if you're late.
If you can't find us call
Mark - 973-809-9128 or
Richard - 917-224-8373
Coming NYC Urban Sketch Events for August
- AM - 10 AM - Ferry to Red Hook - We explore Red Hook, taking the Ferry from lower Manhattan
- PM - 4:30 PM. Brooklyn Sketchwalk. In coordination with eL Paper Magazine and the Open Source Gallery, New York Urban Sketchers will be conducting a Sketch Walk. This is a special project Richard Alomar has been developing. He'll have details to share in the next week or two.
- 8/24 - Riding and Sketching the East River - Using the day pass we'll zigzag back and forth across the East River sketching the sites at the various locations
- 8/31 - The Chinese Scholar Garden at the Staten Island Botanical Garden - using the Staten Island Ferry we'll explore this beautiful site in Snug Harbor.
Post a Comment