Katie Woodward's class is going to cover everything about painting a theatre marquee nocturne in watercolor, from tools you need to how to pick a spot, to how to actually paint one. We will be taking an in depth look at how lighting works in a night scene in general, and specifically how theatre marquees are often lit and what to focus on observing when you go to sketch one. Get ready for Broadway theaters to open back up by learning how to sketch them! Workshop will be online via zoom.
Things the class will cover:
-Logistics of painting at night, both in sketch tools/techniques and in picking locations-Differences in light, value and color between a daytime and nighttime scene.-A full demonstration, painting a broadway theater from a photo start to finish-Time and instruction to complete your own watercolor marquee
-Graphite Pencil-Watercolor palette with the pigments of your choice-Water container with water-Brushes of your choice-Watercolor Paper-White Gel Pen (I recommend the Uniball Signo) and/or white gouache-Any other materials you like sketching with!
What You Need to Know
- You need to register to participate.
- Click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sunday-workshop-painting-a-theatre-marquee-nocturne-tickets-166701038293
- There is a $55 fee for the workshop plus Eventbrite's registration fee.
- The three hour virtual workshop will be Sunday, August 22nd and starts at 1:00 PM EDT
- Registration closes on Friday August 20th at noon EDT.
- Everyone who registers will receive the login info you’ll need to participate.on the Friday PM before the workshop