San Miguel de Allende is a small colonial city 150 miles north of Mexico City. One visit to SMA and it's hard to not return again and again. Simply put - it is magical. The streets are colorful and charming, the architecture is beautiful, it is culturally and artistically rich, the people are warm and gentle and the food is devine.
In the center of town is El Jardin and the magnificent Parroquia, a neo-gothic 17th century church known for its soaring pink spires. It is a joyous place to gather at any time of day but especially in the afternoon when locals and expats come to enjoy the afternoon, the street vendors, musicians, and wedding processions.
A.M walking tour and stopping to sketch along the way
P.M. El Jardin and Parroquia - the church is truly magnificent to draw as are the balloon sellers and all of the activity in El Jardin.
Marsha has found loads of wonderful sites to inspire your creativity
- You need to register to participate.
- Click here to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saturday-sketch-san-miguel-de-allende-tickets-136485926079
- The virtual sketching event will be this Saturday and starts at 10 AM ET
- Registration closes on Friday at noon.
- On Friday afternoon if you registered you will receive the login info you’ll need to participate.