Today we are sketching the Grand Canyon, with its iconic vistas of layered rock, the Colorado River, and wide open blue skies. The Grand Canyon became a National Park in 1919 and a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1979. It stretches 277 miles across Arizona’s arid landscape, is 18 miles wide, and more than a mile deep. We will be exploring different parts of the Canyon in the morning and afternoon sessions.
We will start the day at the South Rim, where most people enter the Canyon.
Click for views of the: GRAND CANYON SOUTH RIM
Click for views of the: GRAND CANYON BRIGHT ANGEL TRAIL
Click for views of the: CANYON MULE RIDES on the BRIGHT ANGEL TRAIL
Click for views of the: GRAND CANYON PHANTOM RANCH
Click for views of: RIVER RAFTING on the COLORADO through the GRAND CANYON
- You need to register to participate.
- Click here to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saturday-sketch-the-grand-canyon-tickets-128764497077
- The virtual sketching event will be this Saturday and starts at 10 AM
- Registration closes on Friday at noon.
- On Friday afternoon if you registered you will receive the login info you’ll need to participate.