Sunday August 4, 2019
The idea is to catch sultry sea breezes coming off the river. There are wide open vistas and loads of people to sketch. Let's explore one of NYC's newest attractions - our harbor. For island dwellers we generally look inward for our sketching instead of gazing out at the port that made our city great.
Here are the ...
WHERE: Pier 45 at Hudson River Park (aka the Hudson River Relaxing Park) (see map below)
WHEN: This coming Sunday August 4th. Start time is 10 AM. Sleeping late? Come anyway, we'll be there.
HOW: It's easy to get to but requires some walking if you use public transportation. The streets in the West Village are a bit confusing and don't follow the grid used in the rest of the city. You can approach the park using West 10th St or using Christopher Street. (see map below)
- Christopher St. 1, 2 train
- West Fourth / Washington Square - A,B,C,D,E,F or M trains
- Houston Stree - 1, 2 trains
LUNCH: 12:00 Noon - Bring your own or buy from vendors and stores in the area. We'll be dining together al fresco.
AFTERNOON: 1 PM - Back to sketching. Maybe try the nearby streets. Lots of interesting buildings in the West Village neighborhood.
SHOW and TELL: 3 PM. We'll meet outdoors at our lunch spot to share our day's drawings and tell stories. Maybe we'll even discuss art supplies.
- Anticipate full sun. Bring a hat. Sketching can be like sunbathing your outdoors - be prepared.
- Bring a stool if you own one. It gives you so many more options. If you don't own one, there are many models. Ask your fellow sketcher to try their's so you get an idea of what work's best for you.
|Click to enlarge|
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark at 973-809-9128
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.