Sketching Opportunity for Lovers of Folk and Blues Music
Last year a number of Urban Sketchers had the opportunity to be present at the Hudson West Folk Festival in Jersey City. The organizers of the event were so happy with the sketches we produced that they are inviting us back this year.
There are ten free passes available on a first come first served basis. Please read the information below and respond directly to Raylie Dunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
What you need to know.
Date: Saturday September 8, 2018
Time: Noon to 9:00 PM
Note: you can come at any time but please be prepared to sketch for a number of hours. It would be good to coordinate our times at the festival so that we can cover some of the earlier acts as well as the later ones.
- First and foremost, a love of folk and blues music.
- There is no monetary compensation other than the free pass, worth $25.
- Come prepared to sketch the acts and the crowd and then post them to the organizations' web site.
- You can use any medium you please.
- You will provide your own food and drink either by bringing it with you or preferably purchasing it from the food vendors at the festival.
- Street parking is available or use public transit from NYC via the PATH System. The venue is walking distance from the Grove Street Station. (It is NOT the same place as last year!