Weekday Urban Sketchers ON the Gowanus Canal
The Weekday Sketchers has been invited by the Gowanus Dredgers to sketch the Gowanus Canal from canoes!
The Gowanus Canal will be the site for the Weekday Urban Sketchers on September 28, 2017. There will be two parts to the day: an early AM trip in the canoes and a later morning meet up on land. Space for the early AM portion of the day is extremely limited. We have space for only 12 sketchers which will be awarded on a first come first served basis. (A waiting list will be maintained once the 12 seats are taken). A note with instructions on where to meet will be sent after the registration is set.
Here are some parameters for the canoe trip:
- We will meet at 8:00 AM by the boathouse on the canal. We will be putting in to the water shortly after that so you MUST be on time or you will truly "miss the boat"!!
- The session will be approximately 2.5 hours.
- You must have some knowledge of how to paddle and maneuver a canoe. You don't have to be an expert but there isn't going to be any instruction.
- You have to be agile enough to get in and out of the canoe and be able to sketch while in the canoe.
- You will be given directions on how to get there by subway. If you want to drive it is up to you to find legal parking. There is no off street parking.
- There is no charge for the trip but we will "pass the hat" to make a donation to the organization.
If you would like more information about the Gowanus Dredgers please look at their web site:www.gowanuscanal.org
If you would like to take part in this special event, please email Raylie Dunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday September 25, 2017. All those going in the canoes will be sent instructions on where to meet. You will also be notified if the spots have been filled. Your name will go on a waiting list.