Weekday Urban Sketchers Go to Court
|NYC Criminal Court|
100 Center Street
Did you ever wonder what it is like to be a courtroom artist? Join the Weekday Urban Sketchers and find out. This week we will be going to NYC Criminal Court to watch the proceedings and try to capture them on paper.
DATE: Thursday January 15, 2015
LOCATION: NYC Criminal Court
100 Center Street, Manhattan
TIME: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
TRANSPORTATION: Take the No. 4 or 5 train to the Brooklyn Bridge Station; the C, N, R, 6 train to Canal Street; the 1 train to Franklin Street.Take the 1, 6 or 15 bus line.
- The courtroom is open to the public from 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM. We will meet inside the courtroom at about 11:00 so just go to the building and make your way there whenever you want to. We will break for lunch about 1:00 PM.
- Courtroom étiquette applies: no talking, cell phones off, no photographs
- Screening: you will go through metal detectors so please leave your razor blades or other sharp objects you might use in your sketches home.
- Be prepared to use only dry media
- You can walk in and out as needed. Time your exits to be between cases.
PLEASE RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org so we will know to look for you.
Need to leave a message? Please text don't call if you need to leave a message during the drawing time as I will not be able to answer the phone while in the courtroom. 201-978-6387