It's located at the southernmost point on Roosevelt Island, designed by Louis Kahn in 1973 and completed forty years later. It's said you really can't see NYC when you're in NYC. Roosevelt Island has one of the most breathtaking views of the big apple.
- Tramway Car at 59th Street & 2nd Avenue Station. Exit at Tramway Station on Roosevelt Island. Walk approximately 15 minutes south to Park
- Take Queens-bound F train to Roosevelt Island stop. Walk approximately 15 minutes south to Park.
We'll meet at 10 AM at the Park (see map) and then explore the island and it's views. If you can't find us call Mark 973-809-9128 or Richard, 917-925-3350
Other Sites under consideration for June include:
- The Haunting Beauty of Green Wood Cemetery - the National Historic Landmark in Brooklyn, established in 1838
- Knitting in Public Day - Bryant Park - a possibility for June 15th
- Coney Island,
- Belvedere Castle in Central Park,
- Governor's Island
- The High Line, ...redux
- Your Suggestion are Encouraged!
June rainy-day back-up plan.
All of the contemplated sketch sites are great if the weather is good. Check the night before. If the weather says rain we'll meet at:
Museum of the Moving Image36-01 35 Avenue in Astoria,
Opens at 11:30 AM on Saturdays(We'll send an email confirming we're going to the rainy-day plan )